Your five reasons to volunteer in 2018
2017 has been a very busy year for Thames Hospice; with the expansion of our services, new shops opening and a brand new hospice on the horizon, we need the support of volunteers now more than ever. We have fantastic team of volunteers, but we would love for you to join us to take Thames Hospice from strength-to-strength as we develop.
Five Reasons why volunteering with Thames Hospice should be your New Year’s Resolution:
- There are roles to suit most interests, skills and schedules
We currently have 29 roles in total and we can even create a new role if you have a special skill that could be useful at the Hospice. We also try to take a flexible approach to shifts so volunteering fits in with your life.
- There’s something in it for you, too!
We guarantee you'll find a benefit to volunteering - whether that's gaining work experience, boosting your social life, enhancing your university application, or getting you moving to work off the Christmas pudding... and these are just a few examples! If there's something in particular you're looking to gain from volunteering, just let us know and we'll see how we can help
- You’ll be joining us in the early stages of an incredibly exciting project to build a new Hospice - expanding our services for the local community. Read more about this here
- You will have an incredibly positive impact on our patients and their families, no matter whether you’re volunteering directly with them, in our shops or in the community; every role is important to the success of Thames Hospice.
- We are a local charity so whatever time you can give, you will be helping us to support people from your local community
We currently have 29 volunteer roles and we can even create a new role if you have a special skill that could be useful at the Hospice. We also try to take a flexible approach to shifts, so volunteering fits in with your life.
We guarantee you’ll find a benefit to volunteering - whether that’s gaining work experience, boosting your social life, enhancing your university application, or getting you moving to work off the Christmas pudding… and those are just a few examples! If there’s something in particular you’re looking to gain from volunteering, just let us know and we’ll see how we can help.
If these reasons have got you thinking, here’s what to do next:
- Have a look at all of our volunteering opportunities on the Current Opportunities page
- If you’re interested in volunteering in one of our shops, then you can sign up for a Taster Session. It’s a great opportunity to give volunteering a go and decide whether it is right for you before you complete an application. Sign up here
- If you’re really keen to get going then please complete an application form, here, and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible about the next step
- If you have any questions about volunteering, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself or Beth by emailing us. We’ll be back in the office on Tuesday 2 January 2018 and respond as soon as we can.
We couldn’t do what we do for patients and their loved ones without the support of volunteers, so we would be so grateful if you could consider donating some of your time to Thames Hospice in 2018.
Jennifer Bird, Head of Volunteering