Our Fundraising Promise
Supporters make care happen at Thames Hospice. It’s only thanks to your generosity we can provide
expert palliative and end-of-life care to patients and their families from East Berkshire and South
Buckinghamshire. Giving to us should be a great experience and we promise:
We will be clear, honest and open
- We will tell you about the amazing care your support is funding through regular communications which you may have opted into receiving;
- We promise to use your gift wisely. If you want your gift used in a special way, we will do our best to honour your wish while also ensuring it best supports the charity;
- You have a right to put a gift in your will to Thames Hospice and not tell us – it is your decision;
- You have a right to change your mind about a gift in your will and not tell us;
- We respect your right to privacy and you do not have to tell us about your gift if you prefer;
- We will provide information about our finances, so you can see how you are helping provide expert palliative and end-of-life care;
- We will provide prompt and honest answers to any questions you may have about our fundraising and costs.
- We welcome your feedback;
- You can access our Fundraising Complaints Policy here. We will provide clear and evidence- based reasons for our decisions on complaints;
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make the relationship clear to you;
- We will monitor them closely to ensure they comply with this Fundraising Promise and if we find cause for concern, we will investigate immediately.
We will be respectful
- Your personal data is safe with us; we don’t sell on our supporters’ details and we comply with Data Protection Law and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you and what fundraising you want to hear about;
- Whenever we start a conversation, either on the phone or in person, we will ask if you are happy to speak with us;
- We will be careful and respectful when engaging with vulnerable people (including patients and people who are grieving);
- If you do not want to give, or wish to stop giving to us, we will respect your decision. It’s your decision.
We will listen
- We can be contacted on 01753 842121.
- Our Fundraising Team is on hand to answer any
questions you have about our fundraising, and we very much value your feedback.
Thames Hospice Fundraising Promise
Sarah Bissell, Director of Fundraising