Our Fundraising Promise
Supporters make care happen at Thames Hospice. It’s only thanks to your generosity we can provide expert palliative and end-of-life care to patients and their families from East Berkshire and South Buckinghamshire.
As such, giving to us should be a great experience and we promise:
We will commit to high standards
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and are committed to complying with its Fundraising Promise
- We will only work with professional fundraising organisations that meet our high standards. We monitor all of them closely to ensure they comply with this Fundraising Promise and if we find cause for concern, we will investigate immediately
We will be clear, honest and open
- We will provide information about our finances, so you can see how you are helping provide expert palliative and end-of-life care
- We will provide prompt and honest answers to any questions you may have about our fundraising and costs
- We will keep you up to date with the care your support is funding through our twice yearly. In Touch magazine, if you are happy to receive this
- You can access our Fundraising Complaints Policy here. We will provide clear and evidence- based reasons for our decisions on complaints
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make the relationship clear to you
We will be respectful
- Your personal data is safe with us; we don’t sell on our supporters’ details and we comply with Data Protection Law
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you and what fundraising you want to hear about – including how to opt out from future communications
- Whenever we start a conversation, either on the phone or in person, we will ask if you are happy to speak with us
- We will be careful and act accordingly when engaging with vulnerable people (including patients and people who are grieving). Our procedures and practices reflect this
- If you do not want to give, or wish to stop giving to us, we will respect your decision. We will never put undue pressure on you to make a donation
We will listen
- We can be contacted on 01753 842121. Our Fundraising Team is on hand to answer any questions you have about our fundraising and we very much value your feedback
Our Fundraising Complaints Policy is available, here.
Email us or call us on 01753 842121.