Our wonderful community
We couldn't carry out our vital work without the amazing support of our friends in the community.
Events our supporters have recently organised include:
- A football tournament
- An abseil of the Spinnaker Tower
- Marathon challenges & hikes
- An art exhibition
- A sponsored rally race across Europe
- A cake sale
Our fundraising groups
Our fundraising groups are made up entirely of volunteers, who dedicate their time to fundraising for Thames Hospice in their local area.
Each year, our local fundraising groups raise more than £70,000. They are crucial in raising funds to keep our Hospice running and spreading awareness of Thames Hospice.
Whether you join an existing fundraising group, or start your own, this is a great way to make friends, learn new skills and play a key role in community fundraising.
We currently have groups in:
- Richings Park & Iver
- Stoke Poges
If you would like to set up a Thames Hospice fundraising group, please email Alison Evans or call 01753 848963 for an informal chat.
Schools and youth groups
Calling schools, colleges, Brownies, Beavers - anyone under 18! Why not have some fun whilst helping adults living in your local community who need the support of their local hospice.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Dress up day - dress up as your favourite historical figure and donate £1
- Have a bake sale - sell your favourite cakes and bakes and donate the money to us
- Hold a sports tournament - charge £1 per person to take part
We’re here to help with lots of fun ideas and inspiration. Get in touch today.