Big Mountain Cycle Challenge: 17-21 September 2020
Following the huge success of our Big Mountain Cycle Challenge 2019 (which raised an incredible £110K!), we are now taking bookings for our 2020 event.
Join us on 17-21 September 2020 to experience some of the world’s most scenic road biking in the heart of the French Alps and support the lives of people in urgent need of hospice care.
Based at Lake Annecy, all rides include iconic Tour De France climbs with professional vehicle support usually only available to pro riders. Meet other road bikers and make memories for life. International pro cyclists accompany riders of all levels and teams from top cycling brands including Mavic and Chain Reaction Cycles will be on hand throughout the rides with constant mechanical, nutrition and welfare support as well as friendly group leaders/cycle guides.
"This was the best trip I have ever been on, and that’s saying something! Four days, 299km and it was fun from start to finish, and more importantly it was all for a great cause. I’m a newbie to cycling but everyone on the Big Mountain Challenge made me feel welcome. As soon as I crossed the line I signed myself up for next year!”
James Phelps, film star, actor and
Harry Potter star
Big Mountain Challenge Routes
- Distance: Approx 150 miles, ascending the equivalent height of the Matterhorn (14,692ft) over four days.
- Cycling per day: 4 to 5 hours, orientated to committed beginner- intermediate level road cyclists.
- Leisurely lunch and coffee stops in picturesque locations and well known peaks included in the Tour De France.
- Distance: Approx 200 miles, ascending the equivalent height of Mt Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft) over four days.
- Cycling per day: : 5 to 8 hours orientated to intermediate-advanced road cyclists.
- Cycle the glorious Sévrier Haute-Savoie around Lake Annecy against the backdrop of the dramatic French Alps, including well known peaks included in the Tour De France.
- Distance: Approx 250 miles, ascending the equivalent height of Mt Everest (29,029 ft) over four days.
- Cycling per day: 6 to 8 hours orientated to intermediate-advanced road cyclists
- Cycle the glorious Haute-Savoie around Lake Annecy against the backdrop of the dramatic French Alps, including well known peaks included in the Tour De France.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, we are able to offer both challenge only and accomodation plus challenge packages (flights not included).
£395: full package including accommodation (half board) plus £995 sponsorship
£295: ride only plus £995 sponsorship
£995: full package including accommodation (half board): no sponsorship requirement
£695: ride only: no sponsorship requirement
Accommodation is at Neaclub Les Baslons du Lac in Sevrier just outside Annecy. Facilities include a gym and swimming pool. Find out more about accommodation here.
Have a question? Please email email@example.com.