Sign up to the Big Mountain Challenge: 20th to 24th September 2019
Cycle iconic Tour De France climbs alongside pro riders with professional vehicle support. This is your chance of a lifetime.BOOK NOW!
Join pro-riders and other avid cyclists on a four day road cycling challenge in stunning mountain scenery. 70% of event costs are covered by some of the best known brands in cycling. All money raised will go towards the new Thames Hospice.
- Four day experience from Lake Annecy, supported by Mavic’s iconic Tour De France Yellow Cars and mechanical units from Chain Reaction Cycles.
- Pro-cyclists from the international tour circuit riding each day with film crew.
- All cyclists with be guided in groups of 10 to 20 by ride captains and mobile welfare units with High 5 nutrition and spare kit.
- Full package cost options: £995 (without fundraising) or £395 (plus fundraising £995).
- We also offer a cycle-only package with cost options of £695 (without fundraising) or £290 (plus fundraising £995).
Routes of varying difficulty, all including iconic climbs from the Tour De France. Total ascent of each route equating to the height of the world’s most famous mountains:
- The Matterhorn route, total ascent 4478m. Over four days approx. 3-4 hours cycling per day.
- The Mt Kilimanjaro route, total ascent 5895m. Over 4 to 5.5hrs cycling per day.
- The Mt Everest route, total ascent 8848m. Over 5 to 7.5hrs cycling per day.
Raising money for Thames Hospice
All event sponsorship profit goes to building the new Thames Hospice, a non-profit organisation that provides end of life care to the community. The demand for Thames Hospice services is now so high that up to ten people every day are waiting for a bed.
Cycle-only package is £695 (without fundraising) or £290 plus fundraising £995 per person. Full package (includes accommodation and half-board): £995 (without fundraising) or £395 plus fundraising £995 per person.
Thames Hospice needs to raise £3m to contribute towards its £22m new build which will offer expanded services in a state-of-the-art facility to ensure every local patient and family member who needs support can receive it.
A legendary medieval town set on a network of waterways with a wide selection of bars and restaurants. It’s a world renown cyclists mecca and host to 2018 and many previous tour de France events. The lake and mountains offer sailing, swimming, waterskiing, parapenting, canyoning, hiking. When not cycling there’s a lot to do.